MEDION Aktiengesellschaft (hereinafter referred to as „MEDION“), with its registered office at Am Zehnthof 77, 45307 Essen, Germany, operates a website on the Internet at the Internet address http://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/de/ (and other Internet addresses bearing the name MEDION), which serves the purpose of information and communication with Internet users.
Furthermore, MEDION operates an online shop via the aforementioned website, which serves the sale of hardware and software products. The following legal information applies to the MEDION articles for sale in this area under the item Offers:
1) Subject to availability.
2) These offers are only valid for the European market, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Norway.
In addition, MEDION offers a Driver & Update Service which is subject to the following legal notices:
1) MEDION makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability of the data provided in the Drivers & Updates section for any designated or undesignated purpose.
2) In no event shall MEDION be liable for any consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information or data, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of this data.
3) Visitors to the MEDION website act at their own risk! This shall also apply if MEDION has been informed of the possibility of such damage.
As a provider of a teleservice, MEDION will collect, process or use personal data (individual information about personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable person) only to the extent that this is necessary for the performance of the teleservice (inventory data). The inventory data will only be processed and used for other purposes if you as the user give your express consent to this. We do not consider the use of the website as consent, nor is the use of the MEDION website dependent on the granting of your consent.
You have the right to revoke your consent to the storage, processing and use of your data at any time with effect for the future. The declaration of revocation can be made in writing or electronically.
If you have subscribed to the MEDION newsletter, you agree that MEDION AG may send you information by e-mail about current offers, new releases and promotions, as well as newsletters containing MEDION products that you can purchase on a promotion-related basis from our retail partner ALDI and in our factory outlet.
Rights of use of our partners:
Ultrabook, Celeron, Celeron Inside, Core Inside, Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Atom, Intel Atom Inside, Intel Core, Intel Inside, the Intel Inside logo, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, Intel Xeon Phi and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Responsibility for content:
1) MEDION is responsible for its own website content in accordance with general laws.
2) MEDION is only responsible for third-party content made available for use on the website to the extent that MEDION is aware of such content and has the technical and reasonable means to prevent its use.
3) Liability for third-party content to which MEDION merely provides access is excluded. The automatic and short-term provision of third-party content on the basis of a user query shall be deemed to be the provision of access.
4) Obligations to block the use of illegal content in accordance with the general laws shall remain unaffected if MEDION becomes aware of such content while maintaining the secrecy of telecommunications in accordance with §85 of the German Telecommunications Act (TKG) and blocking is technically possible and reasonable.
Legal information on the MEDION SMS service:
Right of use
a. MEDION accepts no liability for the content of the messages sent.
b. By pressing the send button, the participant undertakes to comply with the rules on this page.
c. There is no entitlement to the use and availability of this service.
Violation of the rights of use
The user is liable for all damages resulting from copyright violations and other violations of rights of use.
Warranty and liability
In particular, no liability is accepted for consequential damage arising from the use of the service. Liability for the loss or destruction of user data is excluded, except in cases of intent or gross negligence on the part of MEDION. The information provided is without guarantee. MEDION shall not be liable for any material or consequential damages arising out of the data that may have been falsely transmitted.
Duration of use
This service runs for an indefinite period. The right to use the service shall automatically expire if the provisions of the right of use are violated. MEDION reserves the right to discontinue the free service at any time.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who use our site and to keeping confidential the personal information that our visitors provide to us. We would like to offer you a safe environment when visiting the MEDION online shop.
The processing of your data disclosed to us is regulated by the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and other data protection regulations.
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS), which can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. We are neither obliged nor willing to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.